We invite proposals for Special Sessions for the 30th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication that will take place from August 8 - 12, 2021. RO-MAN has a unique positioning in Human-Robot Interaction, encompassing theories, methodologies, interaction design, technical developments, especially artificial intelligence, and experimental studies of robots interacting with humans. This year we especially encourage state-of-the-art innovative results, the latest developments, and future perspectives relating to the conference theme of trustworthiness and cooperation in robot and human interactive communication, but are not limited to the current theme.
The goal of special sessions is to provide a forum for focused oral presentations that are featuring emerging topics or innovative applications of established approaches. A typical special session consists of four to six papers, which, for example, addresses a particular theme or consists of work done in an international project or network. All papers will be subject to the same peer-review process as for regular papers and will be included in the main conference proceedings (IEEE Xplore Digital Library).
Special Sessions Proposals
Prospective Special Session organizers are invited to submit a proposal, that contains the names and affiliations of at least 3 confirmed authors. The submissions will take place via the main conference's submission system. If accepted, the organizers of the special session will be responsible for the high-quality peer-review by two reviewers and one additional anonymous peer-review will be delegated to the main conference review process for quality control. The organizers will be Associate Editors and Chairs for the proposed session. In case the organizers are planning to submit to their special session, they should not take part in the meta-review to avoid bias in the evaluation of the submission. Please refer to this link for additional details on submission instructions (link).
Proposals Submissions Deadline: March 15, 2021
The proposal should be up to 2 pages without references and include the following information:
- Title: Propose a title that show the relevance to the RO-MAN community and the innovativeness of the topic.
- Aim & Scope (a brief 2-3 paragraph summary): Please, explain why the chosen topic is novel, relevant and potentially contribute to the RO-MAN community, and how it's well-suited within the conference theme or new emerging themes with a potential impact.
- Tentative Speakers: A list of prospective contributing authors and tentative titles. Special sessions are normally expected to have 4 to 6 papers. Invited speakers or session-related demonstrations (such as renowned speakers or industrial talks) could be a part of the Special Session.
- Biographies: Provide a short bio-sketch of the session organizers including their experience in the topic of Special Session.
The review process of the proposals will be evaluated by a number of factors including quality, relevance and timeliness of the topic, coherence of the session, quality/track record of the organizers and speakers, diversity of topics, backgrounds and institutions, and expected value added to the overall technical program.
For any questions, please contact the Special Sessions Co-Chairs.
Special Sessions Co-Chairs
Authors should adhere to the following steps for submitting the paper (for camera ready submission)
- Create an account: go to https://ras.papercept.net/ to create a PIN and fill out the form. Ask all your co-authors to do the same if they do not have an account on the system yet, write down the authors' PINs (this information is needed for manuscript processing purposes).
- Go to Support Menu (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/support.php) and depending on how you are preparing your paper, download a template for US LETTER PAPER SIZE : LaTeX (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php) or US LETTER PAPER SIZE MS-Word, (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php)
- Use these templates/style files to create the paper and save in PDF format.
- Upload the paper: go to https://ras.papercept.net/ and click on "submit a contribution to Ro-Man 2021".
- Submit (regular paper, special session paper).
- Fill in the form presented on the next page (make sure to enter all author PINs created in Step 1).
Please note, that our conference policy requires that at least one of the authors of the contributing submission must pay the conference registration fee to upload the final camera ready. This is to ensure that at least one of the presenting authors will be registered to attend the conference and deliver the presentation. The link to the registration system will be available on the conference website soon.
*The proposal must be submitted via the Papercept submission site.*
If you have any questions about the special sessions proposal submission, please contact Special Sessions Co-Chairs.