RO-MAN 2021 CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 28, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: May 11, 2021
Active Website Link for Workshop/Tutorial Due: June 1, 2021
Workshops should focus on key areas of active research and provide a forum for participants to exchange new ideas and discuss recent results. We encourage proposals for topics that have substantial community interest, with a creative and innovative workshop program that will attract a broad audience. Workshops and tutorials focusing on academia-industry partnership and technology transfer of robotics research are welcome. The primary criteria for selection are anticipated level of interest, impact, novelty or creativity, and opportunities for interaction among participants.
Tutorials should target established and emerging research topics, provide up-to-date descriptions of the state of the art, and be organized by individuals who are recognized leaders in their respective fields.
Workshop and tutorial proposals should include the following information:
- Format (indicate full or half day, workshop or tutorial)
- Main Organizer (one person only, complete address, phone, and email)
- Co-Organizers (complete address and email)
- Statement of Objectives
- Intended Audience and Expected Number of Attendees
- List of Speakers and Format (schedule, topics)
- Statement of Inclusion and Diversity (see below)
The Template file can be downloaded from here:
The proposal must be submitted through the Papercept Conference Site.
If you have any questions about the workshops and tutorials proposal submission, please contact the Workshop Co-Chairs, Alexander Aroyo (email@example.com) and Jonathan Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upon approval, workshop and tutorial organizers will be asked to produce and maintain a dedicated webpage, which will be used to disseminate updated information about the workshop/tutorial and for promotion. Organizers will also be required to produce a one-page (US letter-sized) workshop/tutorial abstract before the conference for inclusion in the RO-MAN 2021 digital booklet.
The conference takes place Aug 8 - 12, 2021, and the Workshops and Tutorials are tentatively scheduled for Aug 08 and Aug 12.
Inclusion @ RO-MAN 2021
In addition to general inclusion and diversity considerations for your workshop, consider the following needs of attendees of a virtual conference.
Attendees may be in different time zones, have caregiving/other responsibilities, have less reliable access to internet, or lack quiet private space to participate during the scheduled timing of the event.
You may consider offering:
- asynchronous access to materials,
- asynchronous forms of interaction discussions or Q&A (e.g., text-based),
- recordings of the event for participants to access the material later,
- an alternative to using a camera/microphone during breakout sessions if participants are unable to use it during the event,
- session timing details provided well in advance for planning purposes, and
- inclusive time zone schedule display.